Monday, June 4, 2012

Books I've Read: Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter

After my trip to Washington D.C. (pictures to be posted later this week) I became a little obsessed with Abraham Lincoln. He was such a cool guy. AND a wonderful speech writer. I liked his words engraved on the Lincoln Memorial more than I liked the statue of him. Did you know that President Lincoln had a secret? He was in fact a vampire hunter, as revealed in this book:


"Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter" was so fun to read. It was filled with the epic battles between good and evil that the Twilight Saga was missing. While I don't really believe in vampires and just think they're a fun spook, this book made me forget my disbelief while I read. "Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter" has the perfect mix of history and fantasy to keep you slightly educated and very entertained. The story mixes biographical facts with the lore of vampires in just the perfect potion to keep you wondering if honest Abe really did swing his axe at a few vamps.

Did you know that:
  • Edgar Allen Poe had inspiration for his stories from the vampires he knew?
  • Lincoln's mother, first love, and son were all killed by vampires?
  • the Civil War lasted so long because the South had vampires in its ranks?

Read "Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter" to find out more American vampire history.
(Disclaimer: it has a fair amount of violence so don't read this book if you don't like graphic depictions of vampire slayings)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts (as long as they are nice)