Saturday, June 23, 2012

My Gardener

Sometimes I feel like a wealthy English woman living in a castle because I have a gardener. He doesn't prune my roses, but he's growing the best tomatoes, zucchini, butternut squash, eggplants, hot peppers, and basil.
My handsome gardener (and husband)
The bucket garden of eggplant, peppers, and basil
Basil in an old salad box
An eggplant blossom
Watering the zuchini
Tending the tomatoes
Some beautiful tomato leaves and blossoms
Lovingly pruning the tomatoes
Making sure stuff is growing right
The neighbors windmill
Tomato flowers
I'm so excited for the harvest this fall! The tomato varieties include Pineapple, Pink Brandy-Wine, Viva Italias, and Black Russians. We'll make eggplant parmesan and use the hot peppers in salsa and other yummy Mexican food.

2 comments:

  1. Doug is so awesome!! Good for him, I'm jealous you two are going to have such good food.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'll probably share. You'll just have to stay in our good graces and watch Penny again :)

      Delete

I would love to hear your thoughts (as long as they are nice)