Friday, August 10, 2012

Bees Baseball Game

On August 1st we enjoyed America's favorite past time. A good old baseball game. The Salt Lake Bees are a minor league team whose players can be called up to the Los Angeles Angels. The Bees were playing the New Orleans Zephyrs.
Bees baseball
The Zephyrs were up to bat. Bees were in white.
Is baseball really still America's favorite past time? Maybe from times past. The ballpark was pretty empty.
Doug and I
Mark and Morgan
Bees baseball
That Zephyr hit the ball
My favorite part of the game was yelling at the umpires after they said a guy was out when he was safe. I think I yelled that he needed to get glasses. I also love singing Take Me Out To The Ballgame between the top and bottom of the 7th inning. There was a really funny kid who was selling roasted almonds. He kept yelling "get your almonds" and "guess how many in a bag." He really seemed to be enjoying his job.
A beautiful sunset over the Wasatch mountains
The Bees finally hit the ball
In the end the Bees lost 7 runs to 3. It was still a really fun night. (And don't tell Morgan but I'm really jealous that she has a horse).

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts (as long as they are nice)