Monday, July 9, 2012

Books I've Read: The Tigers Wife

I read this book at the beginning of April so the review may be a little flawed by life's interruptions filling my memory with other morsels of goodness. While my review may have flaws, this book is excellent.
"The Tiger's Wife" follows a young doctor on a journey to help orphans. Along the way she reminisces about her recently deceased grandfather and his tales of meeting a man who cannot die and a deaf-mute girl who befriends a tiger. His stories help the young doctor keep her grandfather alive in her memory and also help her understand his life a little better.

I really liked reading about the incredible things the grandfather accomplished while he was alive and that he shared them with his granddaughter. This book was compelling from beginning to end.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts (as long as they are nice)