Monday, May 7, 2012

New Earrings

WARNING! Do not read this post if you dislike ears. There are multiple photos of my debut as an earring model. I'm serious, unless you're my husband or my mom, you've never seen my ears like this before. You've been fairly warned.

I finally got crafty! It felt great. I made these beautiful earrings and a gift for my mom for Mother's Day. Stay tuned for the Mother's Day gift on Monday, May 14 ( I don't want to post it earlier and spoil her surprise). So, how did I make the earrings?

cabochon flower earringzipper earring

I started with some things I wanted to wear as earrings. Little cabochon flowers and some zipper pulls.  I also used some earring posts, backs, and industrial strength glue. E-6000 is the most amazing thing EVER! I have used it on multiple projects and they are all still going strong.

E-6000

zipper earrings

The instructions on the E-6000 said to put some adhesive on both sides, let it sit for 3-5 minutes and get tacky, then to stick the pieces together. You can see in the photo above that there was some glue that squeezed out around the edges. When it wasn't sticky anymore I just pulled off the excess.


I went a little crazy with how many pairs of earrings I made. Now I have one pair for every day of the week.

cabochon flower earring
cabochon flower earring

Which is your favorite pair? What have you made lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts (as long as they are nice)